Mexican food is my absolute favorite cuisine, and rather than force my family to eat tacos every night, I try to find alternative recipes to curb my cravings and keep a variety in our dinners.
These Crockpot Chicken Tacos are super tasty and very easy to make. Once they're done, throw on your favorite toppings and you're good to go.
• 4 chicken breasts (can be frozen) - $2.22
• 8 oz. sour cream - $1.25
• 4 oz. Philadelphia Cooking Creme - $1
• 1 can diced tomatoes (drained) - $.88
• taco seasoning to taste
• cumin to taste
• tortillas - $.99
The whole dish cost $6.34. With the cheese, hot sauce and sour cream we use as toppings, it still clocks in under $10.
1. Simply place all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on high 2-3 hours.
2. Once chicken is soft, shred it and place back into crockpot.
3. Keep on low or warm until ready to serve.
4. Place chicken tacos in tortillas and add your favorite toppings.
Super easy. Super tasty. Super cheap.